Mapping and monitoring earth fissures in basins of central and southeastern Arizona
Maps & Database Services
Interactive map highlights fissures, floods, fires, earthquakes, and fault lines in Arizona.
Ask a Geologist
Questions about the minerals, rocks, landscape features, or natural hazards of Arizona? Ask us!
From the Blog
- When the ground comes tumbling down: Subsidence that accompanies block caving
- Examining a small rockfall along the I-17 corridor
- New mapping of the Blythe 7 ½’ quadrangle records the pre- and post-dam era history of transformation of the Lower Colorado River
- Enhancing AZGS’ Digital Geologic Maps with GIS Data Formats
- Graduate student’s investigating Arizona’s earth fissures