Geologic maps are the heartblood of geologic investigations. Since 1915, the AZGS and its predecessors have published more than 700 geologic maps.
Jon Spencer and Steve Richard build an 'Index of geologic maps available from the Arizona Geological Survey v1.2' that shows the footprints of maps published from 1915 to 2016. These maps, and maps released post-2016, are available for download at the AZGS Online Document Repository.
- Contributed Maps - Active links for ~ 80 contributed maps (1983 - Present)
- Digital Geologic Maps - Active links for ~ 120 DGMs (2000 - Present)
- Digital Map Series - Active links for ~ 35 DMs (2008 - Present)
- Formal AZGS Maps - Active links for 33 geologic maps (1924 - 2015)
- Miscellaneous Maps - Active links for 14 MMs (1977 - 1988)
- Open-File Reports - Active links for ~ 500 OFRs (1973 - Present)
- Posters - Active links for ~30 posters from AZGS staff (1992 - Present)