Mapping and monitoring earth fissures in basins of central and southeastern Arizona
Maps & Database Services
Interactive map highlights fissures, floods, fires, earthquakes, and fault lines in Arizona.
Ask a Geologist
Questions about the minerals, rocks, landscape features, or natural hazards of Arizona? Ask us!
From the Blog
- Bringing real-world geologic data to the college classroom: A conversation with Professor Jeffrey M. Simpson
- Geology & Mineral Resources of the Santa Catalina Mountains, SE Arizona
- Earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, tsunamis and landslides in the Western U.S.: the role of state geological surveys
- More Money, More Mapping! AZGS Embarks on Ambitious Geologic Mapping Campaign
- I17-Landslide Post - Part IV: Hy179 and I17 on the western edge of the Mormon Mountain volcanic field